Physiotherapy or physical therapy is a field of profession that assesses a patient’s condition with their medical history and a physical examination. This is performed in order to provide treatments to the patient to develop, maintain, and restore physical movements and functions that they may have lost or lack due to injuries, diseases, old age or other factors. It is also used as aid for anything that stops a person from performing daily functions successfully. Physiotherapy can be used in rehabilitation to help with physically enhancing or restoring the movements or mobility of a patient. Under physiotherapy come the specialty areas of cardiopulmonary, geriatrics, neurological physical therapy, orthopedics physical therapy, pediatric therapy, and integumentary physiotherapy techniques.
Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation is the restoration of endurance and functions of the cardiovascular system of patients with cardiovascular and pulmonary disorders such as heart attacks, pulmonary fibrosis, or chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
Geriatrics Physical therapy
Geriatrics Physical therapy focuses on adults to aging individuals with conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, incontinence and other recovery related conditions that has to do with adults with specialized programs created focusing on restoring mobility, increasing health quality, and reducing pain that comes with aging factors or disease-related factors.
Neurological Physical Therapy
Neurological Physical Therapy focuses on the rehabilitation and therapy of people with neurological disorders or brain and nerve disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, ALS, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injuries, or multiple sclerosis or other impairments caused by other neurological disorders such as loss of vision, balance, movement, speech, or anything that stops a person from performing daily functions successfully.
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Orthopedic Physical Therapy includes the rehabilitation of injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system or post-operative orthopedic surgery such as fractures, sports injuries, spine conditions, or amputations. The goal is to get back maximum physical mobility as possible to the patient so that they may be able to go back to a normal life.
Pediatric Physical Therapy
Pediatric Physical Therapy is physical therapy especially for infants, children, or adolescents with congenital, developmental, skeletal or other diseases that may have caused an impairment of motor skills, balance, strength, endurance or other cognitive and sensory skills that may be required for the basic developmental performance of functions in daily life.
Integumentary Physical Therapy
Integumentary Physical Therapy in the treatment of conditions that has to do with the skin or related organs such as wounds or burns that is usually in conjunction to procedures such as mechanical lavage, edema control, exercise, splinting, topical agents, dressings, or compression garments.
Cardiovascular or Respiratory Physiotherapy is the use of physiotherapy in the management of cardiaovascular problems. Through the use of guidance, patients can improve their cardiovascular system through trained resistance or exercise. It is especially important after a cardiac surgery as there could be difficulties in breathing or decreased endurance after a surgical performance.
- Cardiovascular Physiotherapy
- Integumentary (Skin) Physiotherapy
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments
- Pediatric Physiotherapy
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Australia
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Canada
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Cyprus
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Czech Republic
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Egypt
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in India
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Malaysia
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in New Zealand
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Pakistan
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Saudi Arabia
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Singapore
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in South Africa
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in South Korea
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Spain
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Sri Lanka
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Thailand
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in Turkey
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in United Kingdom
- Other Physiotherapy Treatments in United States